Raw Creamy Garden Chowder Soup
by Callie England
Who says a soup needs to be cooked to be delicious? Callie’s raw soup recipe not only looks awesome in the picture but also tastes like heaven. If you do not believe me, give it a try and see what you think.
- 1 stalk of celery (I use celery hearts, include the leaves!)
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- .5 red bell pepper, chopped
- .25 C olive oil
- .5 C water
- 1 shallot (or, 1-2 T of chopped onion)1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
1) Blend all ingredients in blender until warm. Mine had a bit of steam, but only read 85-90 degrees on the thermometer.
2) Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with chopped red bell peppers and lemon-pepper seasoning.
If you are interested in the story behind this recipe and additional tips, please visit Callie’s website at http://www.rawxy.com.
(Callie England is passionate about raw (and sometimes cooked) vegan food. She is experienced in creating raw food recipes that taste delicious and look great. She is a regular contributor at foodbuzz.com, and she also regularly updates her blog at www.rawxy.com to share ideas about healthy recipes that can be prepared within a budget.)