Healthy Organic Thai Tomato Salad Recipe
Thai tomato salad is great for any occasion. Not only it tastes good but also it is very healthy with a variety of raw vegetables rich in antioxidants. The ingredients are affordable and you can easily prepare this salad on a budget.
- 9 campari tomatoes (camps are about the size of golf balls) (diced)
- 4 pickling cucumbers (or, 1 large english) (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- .5 red or yellow onion (diced)
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- handful of freshly chopped cilantro
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
- .25 C lime juice
- 2 T sesame oil (I used un-toasted for a neutral flavor)
- 1.5 T tamari (reduced sodium)
- 1 t miso
- 1 packet of stevia
- .5 t red chili paste (1 t if you prefer more spice)
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour of salad. Serve immediately, or let marinate in refrigerator.
If you are interested in the story behind this recipe and additional tips, please visit Callie’s website at http://www.rawxy.com/.
(Callie England is passionate about raw (and sometimes cooked) vegan food. She is experienced in creating raw food recipes that taste delicious and look great. She is a regular contributor at foodbuzz.com, and she also regularly updates her blog at www.rawxy.com to share ideas about healthy recipes that can be prepared within a budget.)