Easy Pad Thai Salad Recipe
by Callie England
Easy pad thai salad is delectable and nutritious. Even if you are not into raw food yet, you will enjoy this recipe. As long as you have the ingredients already, this is easy to prepare even if you are in a hurry. All the ingredients are packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, but you would not even care because you will be busy trying to enjoy the flavor and smell of this tasty salad.
- sea salt (very important, as the salt softens the carrots)
- minced garlic
- onion powder
- black pepper
- celery seed
- Peel 1 cucumber and 3 carrots.
- Julienne cucumber and carrots.
- Mince a handful of fresh mint and basil.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, cucumber, mint and basil. Add sea salt, minced garlic, coriander, chili, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, celery seed, fenugreek, and lemongrass.
- Set mixture aside for approximately 10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, whisk together the juice from 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of almond butter. Pour over carrot and cucumber mixture.
- Slice one head of romaine lettuce.
- In a serving bowl, layer pad thai on top of lettuce and finish with sliced avocado.
- Now enjoy your meal!
If you are interested in the story behind this recipe and additional tips, please visit Callie’s website at www.rawxy.com.
(Callie England is passionate about raw (and sometimes cooked) vegan food. She is experienced in creating raw food recipes that taste delicious and look great. She is a regular contributor at foodbuzz.com, and she also regularly updates her blog at www.rawxy.com to share ideas about healthy recipes that can be prepared within a budget.)