Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto Recipe
by Callie England
Butternut squash quinoa risotto is a delicious dish that can be prepared within a budget. If you are a busy professional and work every day, then you can prepare this over the weekend and take it to work for lunch during the weekdays. The picture looks delectable, but give it a try if you do not believe that this will taste as good as it looks.
- 2 T coconut butter/oil
- 2 butternut squash bulbs, cubed (I saved the necks for spiralized noodles)
- Coarse ground sea salt and pepper
- 2 C quinoa
- 4 C vegetable broth
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- cumin, Italian seasoning, sage, paprika
- Melt 1 T coconut butter over medium heat.
- Add squash; season with salt and pepper. Cook, until edges soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa; stir to coat. Add veggie broth, seasonings and 1 T of coconut oil. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low; add hot broth (boil broth before hand). Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with Raw Parmesan (mixture of pumpkin seeds, cashews, nutritional yeast and sea salt).
If you are interested in the story behind this recipe and additional tips, please visit Callie’s website at www.rawxy.com.
(Callie England is passionate about raw (and sometimes cooked) vegan food. She is experienced in creating raw food recipes that taste delicious and look great. She is a regular contributor at foodbuzz.com, and she also regularly updates her blog at www.rawxy.com to share ideas about healthy recipes that can be prepared within a budget.)